Wednesday Adult Class
Stretch 1 Unit 2
Listen to the following phone conversation between a man and a woman.
Why did the man phone the woman?
Where do they live?
How do they travel to work?
Reading Stretch 1 Unit 2 page 9
Asking follow up questions
When you have a conversation use follow up questions to get more information and continue the conversation.
Ask your partner:
Do you ____ to work? (eg, drive, walk, take the train, etc)
Continue the conversation for as long as you can using follow up questions.
The topic for the new unit is Daily Life.
I asked the question:
What do you do in your daily life. We made the following mind map:
We learnt the new words for the unit and did the following listening activity:
Finally I asked students to predict how people would answer a question using the following table:
|How do you get to work?|
|What time do you get up?|
|Do you want to have dinner with me this week?|
|What sports do you like to play?|
|You spend a lot of time online don’t you?|
Watch the video for my grammar explanation
Do the exercises:
We enjoyed our holiday. The hotel was very nice.
“Can I ask a question?”
- You look tired, you need _______ holiday.
- “Where’s Bob?” “He’s in _____ toilet.”
- Susie is _____ interesting person. You should meet her.
- Can you tell me how to get to _____ post office?
- Sure, take ____ next left.
- Let’s go and see ____ movie tonight.
- That’s ____ good idea.
- We have three children. Two girls and one boy. _____ girls are five years old and three years old. _____ boy is one year old. I work at ____ English school. ____ school is called Rising Sun English School.
Write about your family.
How many children do you have?
How old are they?
Where do you work?
Be sure to use a/an/the